Limiting the Request
You can apply the below limits on the request:
- Request size; default is 28.6MB in IIS 7.0 and 4MB in IIS 6.0. Please see below.
- Request header size
- Url length; default is 4KB
- Query string length; default is 2KB
If content size exceeds 1024 bytes then throw 404.13 error:
Max Response Size
• Response size by default doesn’t have a limit from the server point of view.
• The client, however, can limit the response size by setting “content-length” in the request header.
• If very large data required, we should be considering compressing the data or returning binary data. How large is very large?! Perhaps above 50MB.