Understanding Amazon S3 is very simple, believe me! It’s just like a Windows Folder on the cloud/internet and you can put files and folders in it!
It also enables you to add meta-data for each folder and file.
The root folder is called Bucket and you can have multiple buckets inside which you can have folders, subfolders or any type of file stored.
There are few other features as well.
How to view the Amazon S3 Folders/Buckets?
There are 3 ways you can work with Amazon S3 and view the folders and files:
- Install AWS Explorer in Visual Studio: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/175787af-a563-4306-957b-686b4ee9b497
- Install Amazon S3 Organizer extension in FireFox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/amazon-s3-organizers3fox/
- Use Amazon S3 Console: https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3
- AWS .NET SDK
- Getting started: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/gsg/GetStartedWithS3.html
- Error Responses: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/ErrorResponses.html#ErrorCodeList
- REST API: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/APIRest.html
- FAQ: http://aws.amazon.com/s3/faqs/
- For .NET Developers: http://aws.amazon.com/net/
- Forum: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/forum.jspa?forumID=24
- Pricing: http://aws.amazon.com/s3/#pricing
- Security Credentials: https://portal.aws.amazon.com/gp/aws/securityCredentials
- S3 Documentation: http://aws.amazon.com/en/documentation/s3/
- Price Calculator: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html
- S3 Online Console: https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3
- C# Code Examples: http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/s3/csharp/
- Accessing an Amazon Bucket: http://[bucket-name].s3.amazonaws.com/